Our Music Program
The Plantsville Congregational United Church of Christ has a long standing tradition of excellence in worship music. Our Choirs provide uplifting, worshipful music at every Sunday service from September through June and also present Christmas and Lenten cantatas each year and at other worship services throughout the year. Please check our Church Calendar page for upcoming musical events.
Please scroll down to learn more about our music program and upcoming special events.
Our Handbell Choir meets on Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. from September through June. If you are interested in joining the Handbell Choir, please see Marilyn, the Music Director, after services on Sunday. We do not audition players but some experience with reading music is helpful.
Our Chancel Choir meets on Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. from September through June. If you are interested in joining the choir, please see Marilyn,the Music Director, after services on Sunday. We do not audition singers, but some experience with reading music and singing is helpful.
The Christopher Koenig Memorial Concert Series
Concerts are funded by ticket sales and donations to the Memorial Fund.
The Music Series is funded by free-will donations and ticket sales. We also welcome donations to the Memorial Music Fund in honor or memory of loved ones. If you would like to donate to the fund to perpetuate this valuable contribution to the culture of our community, please contact the church office.
Checks should be made payable to the Plantsville Congregational Church with the notation "Memorial Music Series".
Since it's beginning in 2007, the Series has presented a variety of artists including:
- The Yale Whiffenpoofs - November 1, 2015
- Paul Biscaccia, Concert Pianist - March 30, 2014
- Miguel Campinho, Concert Pianist - June 2013
- "The Hot Cat Jazz Band" - April 2012
- The Taubl Family returns to Plantsville - November 2011
- "The Convertibles" - March 2011
- "Orange Colored Sky" Jazz Concert featuring Tish Oney, Beth Rosenblatt and the Cheshire High School "Chromatix" - June 2010
- Paul Biscaccia, Concert Pianist - April 2010
- Christopher Houlihan, Concert Organist - Nov 2009
- The Hartt Youth Orchestra (Opus 89) - April 2009
- The Taubl Family (from "America's Got Talent") Nov - 2008
- Elizabeth Von Trapp & Erich Kory - June 2008
- "Number 9" the Beatles Tribute Band - Nov 2007